What is the Frank Zane diet?
The Frank Zane diet about to kept his daily calorie intake between 2000 and 3000. These legends ate a lot of meat every day, with very few carbohydrates and a modest quantity of fat. Frank always spent time in the gym like other bodybuilders to improve his physique.
Here you can also read about Frank Zane workout.
Who is Frank Zane?
Frank Zane is a retired professional bodybuilder and author from the United States. Kingstone, Pennsylvania is where he was born. He has won Mr.Olmpia three times (1977, 1978, 1979).
Frank works hard in the gym to maintain his huge figure. He was also a fitness hero for us and a brand ambassador for a number of companies.
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Bodybuilder, Founder of WABBA, Head of IFBB France and Europe, Actor, Author
- Date-Of-Birth (Year): 1942
In several interviews, Instagram chats, and other social media platforms, Frank Zane discusses his nutrition and fitness routine.
He reveals what he consumes in a single day, as well as how he sticks to his daily diet and fitness schedule. Diet and exercise are maintained on a regular basis, regardless of the schedule.
Frank Zane Accomplishment
- 1961 Mr. Pennsylvania (17th place)
- 1962 Mr. Keystone (Winner)
- 1963 Mr. Keystone (2nd)
- 1965 Mr. Sunshine State (Winner)
- 1965 IFBB Mr. Universe (1st, Medium Height category)
- 1966 IFBB Mr. America (1st, Medium)
- 1967 IFBB Mr. America (1st, Medium)
- 1967 IFBB Mr. Universe (3rd, Tall)
- 1968 IFBB Mr. America (Winner)
- 1968 IFBB Mr. Universe (Winner)
- 1970 NABBA Mr. Universe (Winner)
- 1971 NABBA Pro Mr. Universe (1st, Short)
- 1972 NABBA Pro Mr. Universe (Winner)
- 1972 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs, 4th)
- 1974 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs, 2nd)
- 1975 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs, 4th)
- 1976 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs, 2nd)
- 1977 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs & Overall Winner)
- 1978 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs & Overall Winner)
- 1979 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs & Overall Winner)
- 1980 IFBB Mr. Olympia (3rd, after suffering a near-fatal injury at his home, requiring lengthy hospitalization)
- 1982 IFBB Mr. Olympia (2nd)
- 1983 IFBB Mr. Olympia (4th, after suffering another accident on his bicycle, requiring extensive shoulder surgery shortly after the contest)
Frank Zane Body Stats
If we want to have a good body, we must focus on our nutrition and exercise routine. Chris stuck to his diet and fitness routines to a tee.
At a young age, he began working out at a gym and soon developed muscle and weight. Stick to a diet and fitness regimen like Chirs if you want to make a huge change.
|Height||5’9″ (175 cm)|
|Weight||185 – 195 lbs (83.9–88.5 kg)|
|Thighs||Will Get Soon|
We must concentrate on our food and exercise if we want to maintain a healthy physical physique. He meticulously adheres to his diet and exercise routine. We must eliminate processed foods from our diets and focus solely on fresh, healthy foods.
If you want to maintain a healthy physique, you must exercise control over the foods you consume. That means you must eat nutritious foods that provide your body with essential micronutrients such as protein, carbohydrates, and fats. You must strike a balance between the two.
Frank Zane Diet
When we examine nutrition statistics, we can observe that our health is influenced by two elements. The first is, what kind of diet do we follow on a daily basis? The second factor is the type of activity we conduct on a daily basis.
In your diet plan, you must consider calories as well as other aspects such as macronutrients, protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. You should be aware that eating and sleeping are the two most vital activities for fitness and healthy existence.
Mr.Olmpia Frank Zane consumes a high-protein, low-carbohydrate, moderate-fat diet. As you can see, Frank’s large body requires the consumption of beef and fowl. Eggs, chicken, meat, fish, veggies, and supplements are all included in these meal plans. This refers to all of Frank Zane’s vitamin research.
Here is the Frank Zane diet.
- Meal 1: 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites with 4 half-eaten ripe wheat biscuits (crackers), A cup of coffee, Supplements.
- Meal 2: Amino supplement, Pieces of fruit and a half.
- Meal 3: Much of the chicken salad 12 oz and 3 ounces of low-fat cheese, Diet Snapple (a kind of fruit juices and drinks tea without sugar), Supplements.
- Meal 4: Amino supplement, Pieces of fruit and a half.
- Meal 5: 12 ounces of fish, Red meat and steamed without fat low in carbohydrates ( without bread, potatoes, or rice), Herbal supplements, Vegetables.
- Meal 6: 6 mg of melatonin supplement, Fruit pieces in half.
This diet plan takes into account a large number of calories. If you want, try the above meals and adjust them to your weight. If we want to grow a strong physical physique, we need to increase our activity and stick to it 5-6 days a week.
“I relied a lot on pre-workout food. Before the training, I always had protein and carbohydrates. After the training, I relaxed and sometimes ate a few hours later. It depended on how demanding my training was. When I got hungry, I just ate. Usually, my first meal after training was a protein drink – some sort of protein-carbohydrate mix.” – Frank Zane
Frank Zane Workout
Make sure you stay hydrated throughout workouts by consuming water or energy drinks before you begin your workout or training program.
Also, remember to warm up by exercising and cool down by stretching your muscles out, as this can assist you to avoid injury during your workout or exercise.
The following is Frank Zane workout.
When Frank wasn’t a big bodybuilder in his time, but still he has massive Chest muscle. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Chest.
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Flat barbell bench press
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Incline barbell bench press
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Flat dumbbell fly
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Standing cable crossover
- 5 sets & 10 reps — Bodyweight pushup
Frank was expert in shaping his body into a perfect shape that’s why he develops his Back like v-taper. Frank was successful short bodybuilder. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Back.
- 4 sets & 5 reps — Wide grip pull-up
- 4 sets & 8-10 reps — Wide grip seated pulldown
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Bent over barbell row
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — T-bar row
- 4 sets & 8 reps — One arm dumbbell row
- 4 sets & 8-10 reps — Dumbbell pullover
Frank’s other attractive part is his shoulder. means his other strength is his shoulders. If we see the upper parts of our body then the shoulder is the focal point. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Shoulder.
- 4 sets & 6-12 reps — Seated dumbbell press
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Upright cable row
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Incline bench rear delt fly
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Dumbbell lateral raise
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — One arm cable lateral raise
Frank believes that constant tension is most important in muscle growth. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Legs.
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Leg extension
- 4 sets & 6-12 reps — Leg press
- 4 sets & 6-12 reps — Leg blaster squat
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Barbell stiff leg deadlift
- 4 sets & 15 reps — Leg curl 4 x 10 superset with donkey calf raise
- 4 sets & 15 reps — Seated calf raise
According to Frank, it’s most important to stretch the muscle, when doing an arm workout. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Arm.
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Cable triceps pushdown
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Dumbbell overhead triceps extension
- 4 sets & 10 reps — Feet elevated bench dip
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Standing barbell curl
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Seated dumbbell curl
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Cable preacher curl (rope attachment)
- 4 sets & 10 reps — Reverse barbell forearm curl
As you see you need to work hard to achieve bodybuilding like Frank. So his diet plan, his workout plan, and his daily routine inspire and motivate us. If you want to follow him on social media then below is the link to his Instagram profile.
It’s not easy to become like him in a day or two. But he had to work hard for years to achieve his shredded and muscular physiques. After looking at Frank Zane diet and Frank Zane workout, we can conclude that if we want to be like him, we must work hard for it, and his daily routine inspires and motivates us to achieve a healthy body.