Who is Frank Zane?
Frank Zane is a retired American professional bodybuilder and author. His Birthplace is Kingstone, Pennsylvania. He wins Mr.Olmpia 3 times (1977, 1978, 1979). Frank spends many hours in the gym to improve his massive physique. He also brand ambassador of many brands and also fitness icon for us. Let’s see Frank Zane Diet and Frank Zane Workout Plan.
- Nationality : American
- Profession : Bodybuilder, Founder of WABBA, Head of IFBB France and Europe, Actor, Author
- Date-Of-Birth (Year) : 1942
Frank Zane tell about his diet and workout plan via many interviews, instagram chats and other social media platform. He tell what he eat within a single day, and also tell that he strictly follow his daily routine of diet and workout. No matter what the schedule, diet and workout is regular.
Let’s see Frank Zane Body Stats and His Achievement.
Frank Zane Accomplishment
- 1961 Mr. Pennsylvania (17th place)
- 1962 Mr. Keystone (Winner)
- 1963 Mr. Keystone (2nd)
- 1965 Mr. Sunshine State (Winner)
- 1965 IFBB Mr. Universe (1st, Medium Height category)
- 1966 IFBB Mr. America (1st, Medium)
- 1967 IFBB Mr. America (1st, Medium)
- 1967 IFBB Mr. Universe (3rd, Tall)
- 1968 IFBB Mr. America (Winner)
- 1968 IFBB Mr. Universe (Winner)
- 1970 NABBA Mr. Universe (Winner)
- 1971 NABBA Pro Mr. Universe (1st, Short)
- 1972 NABBA Pro Mr. Universe (Winner)
- 1972 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs, 4th)
- 1974 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs, 2nd)
- 1975 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs, 4th)
- 1976 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs, 2nd)
- 1977 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs & Overall Winner)
- 1978 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs & Overall Winner)
- 1979 IFBB Mr. Olympia (Under 200 lbs & Overall Winner)
- 1980 IFBB Mr. Olympia (3rd, after suffering a near-fatal injury at his home, requiring lengthy hospitalization)
- 1982 IFBB Mr. Olympia (2nd)
- 1983 IFBB Mr. Olympia (4th, after suffering another accident on his bicycle, requiring extensive shoulder surgery shortly after the contest)
Frank Zane Body Stats
Frank Zane Weight is 185–195 lbs (83.9–88.5 kg). Frank Zane Height is 5’9″ (175 cm).
- Height – 5’9″ (175 cm)
- Weight – 185 – 195 lbs (83.9–88.5 kg)
- Chest – 51 inches
- Waist – 31 inches
- Biceps – 20 inches
If we want to have a well physique body then we need to concentrate in our diet and workout plan. He follow his diet plan and workout plan very strictly. at the age of 18, he started gym and gaining muscle and weight. so if you want do a big then follow Frank’s diet and workout plan.
Frank Zane Diet
Mr.Olmpia Frank Zane eat high protein, low carb and moderate fat. As you can see Frank needs to eat meat and chicken for maintain his massive body, in these meal plan you can see eggs, chicken, meat, fishes, vegetables, supplements. Means all of vitamins conducted by frank zane. Let’s have a look in Frank Zane diet.
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites with 4 half- eaten ripe wheat biscuits ( crackers )
- A cup of coffee
- Amino supplement
- Pieces of fruit and a half.
- Much of the chicken salad 12 oz and 3 ounces of low-fat cheese
- Diet Snapple (a kind of fruit juices and drinks tea without sugar)
- Amino supplement
- Pieces of fruit and a half.
- 12 ounces of fish
- Red meat and steamed without fat low in carbohydrates ( without bread, potatoes or rice)
- Herbal supplements
- 6 mg of melatonin supplement
- Fruit pieces in half.
This diet plan consider Bunch of calories. if you want try above meals so you can adjust according to your weight. If we have to build a strong physical body then diet is not enough we have to do more exercise and follow it 5-6 days of week.
Frank Zane Workout
Before start the workout routine or exercise routine, make sure you stay hydrated during workouts by drinking water or energy drinks. and Important is to don’t forget to warm-up exercising and make sure to cool down by stretching your muscles out. This will help you to enjoy injury free exercises. Let’s have a look in Frank Zane workout.
When frank wasn’t big bodybuilder in his time, but still he has a massive Chest muscle. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Chest.
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Flat barbell bench press
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Incline barbell bench press
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Flat dumbbell fly
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Standing cable crossover
- 5 sets & 10 reps — Bodyweight pushup
Frank was expert in shaping his body a perfect shape that’s why he develop his Back like v-taper. Frank was successful short bodybuilder. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Back.
- 4 sets & 5 reps — Wide grip pull-up
- 4 sets & 8-10 reps — Wide grip seated pulldown
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Bent over barbell row
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — T-bar row
- 4 sets & 8 reps — One arm dumbbell row
- 4 sets & 8-10 reps — Dumbbell pullover
Frank’s other attractive part is his shoulder. means his another strength is shoulders. If we see upper parts of our body then shoulder is the focal point. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Shoulder.
- 4 sets & 6-12 reps — Seated dumbbell press
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Upright cable row
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Incline bench rear delt fly
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Dumbbell lateral raise
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — One arm cable lateral raise
Frank believes that constant tension is most important in muscle growth. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Legs.
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Leg extension
- 4 sets & 6-12 reps — Leg press
- 4 sets & 6-12 reps — Leg blaster squat
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Barbell stiff leg deadlift
- 4 sets & 15 reps — Leg curl 4 x 10 superset with donkey calf raise
- 4 sets & 15 reps — Seated calf raise
According to Frank it’s most important to stretch the muscle, when doing arm workout. Here is the exercise that Frank used to do for his Arm.
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Cable triceps pushdown
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Dumbbell overhead triceps extension
- 4 sets & 10 reps — Feet elevated bench dip
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Standing barbell curl
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Seated dumbbell curl
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Cable preacher curl (rope attachment)
- 4 sets & 10 reps — Reverse barbell forearm curl
As you see you need to work hard to achieve bodybuilding like Frank. So his diet plan, his workout plan and daily routine inspire and motivate us. If you want to follow him on social media then below is the link of his instagram profile.
Social Media Profile
Frank Zane Instagram/Id
Also Read : Ronnie Coleman Diet and Workout Plan