Shawn Rhoden follows a perfect diet plan for bodybuilding. Shawn Rhoden diet is very strict for maintain his muscle mass, When competing. He takes almost 6 meals of the day for his healthy body. He believes in take high protein and carbohydrates but moderate fats. He also believes in having an off-season diet to bulk. To make more stronger physiques, Shawn takes supplements in a meal like a protein shake. Stay connected to reading in brief about Shawn Rhoden diet and workout routine.
About Shawn Rhoden
Shawn Rhoden (Flexatron) is a professional bodybuilder. He was born in Kingston, Jamaica. After some years, They shifted to the United States. From playing football in school to becoming a professional bodybuilder, Shawn becomes an icon and personality in the bodybuilding industry. He earned his IFBB Pro card in 2010. In 2018, He won Mr.Olmpia by defeating Phil Health.
- Nationality : Jamaican/American
- Profession : Professional Bodybuilder
- Date-Of-Birth : 2 April, 1975
Shawn told about his diet and workout routine via many interviews, Instagram chats, and other social media platforms like youtube. The IFBB pro bodybuilder won numerous competitions in his era. At the age of 24, Shawn already sculpted massive physiques and body shape and almost ready to compete with athletes. After injuring his back, Shawn constantly tries to make it normal with his exercise and workouts.
Shawn Rhoden Body Stats
Shawn Rhoden Weight is 245–255 lbs (111.1–115.7 kg). His Height in Feet is 5.10
- Height — 5’10” (177.5 cm))
- Weight — 245 – 255 lbs (111.1 – 115.7 kg)
If we want to have a well physique body then we need to concentrate on our diet and workout. He followed his diet plan and workout very strictly. After injuring his back, There is hope to recover it. His friend motivates him and make him ready for bodybuilding again with hard-beats. With his strong determination, He won the 2009 IFBB-North-American-Championships and placed at 1st.
Shawn Rhoden Diet
If we think about diet, all our body health depends on what type of diet we prefer to our body, like you need to take care of calories in the diet and many factors like, What should we eat? You must need to know that eating and sleeping is the most important factor in muscle building.
As describes below you can see the eating plan of all day that usually taken by Shawn. He takes his protein from beef and whey protein. Rice and sweet potatoes give him riped carbohydrates. He also takes post-workout meal like he eats a sandwich in his breakfast, That’s completely different from other bodybuilder’s diet.
- A cup and a half of oatmeal
- 15 egg whites
- Three whole eggs
- 2 scoops mass gainer protein
- 3 whole eggs
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 slices bread
- 9 ounces salmon
- 1 cup white rice
- 10 ounces chicken
- Sweet potato
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 cup white rice
- Protein shake with peanut butter
- Oatmeal and ice
Preparation Of Food
When we need to eat so much like Shawn, then prepare our food is very necessary. Shawn cooks his meal every morning so that he can feel fresh all day. He never gets tired of eating the same food for some days. He also makes his meat seasonal. Some bodybuilders make weekly diet plans but they tired at the end of the week by eating meals.
Above all tells about Shawn’s meal plan and what he eats within a single day. If you can follow it according to your weight. He makes 6 meals per day around lean proteins, healthy fats and complex carbs.
“When it comes to bulking up, I think you have to take away the notion that you need to have a six pack. I think a lot of guys get lost with that because they’re so used to looking competition ready”
Shawn Rhoden Workout Routine
Before starting the workout routine or training routine, make sure you stay hydrated during workouts by drinking water or energy drinks. And don’t forget to warm-up exercising and make sure to cool down by stretching your muscles out, because It’s helped you to do injury-free workout or exercise.
- 5 sets & 8-12 reps — Incline barbell bench press
- 4 sets & 10-15 reps — Incline dumbbell bench press
- 4 sets & 10-15 reps — Shrug machine bench press (lying on floor)
- 4 sets & 10-15 reps — Dumbbell chest fly (lying on floor)
- 5 sets & 8-12 reps — Hammer strength bench press
- 3 sets & 10-15 reps — Seated leg extension
- 5 sets & 8-12 reps — Cambered bar squat
- 5 sets & 6-12 reps — Leg press
- 4 sets & 10-15 reps — Single leg leg press
- 5 sets & 8-12 reps — Hack squat
- 4 sets & 10-15 reps — Hip adduction machine
- 5 sets & 6-12 reps — Seated dumbbell shoulder press
- 5 sets & 6-12 reps — Seated barbell overhead press
- 5 sets & 10-15 reps — Reverse dumbbell fly
- 5 sets & 8-12 reps — Barbell delt raise
- 5 sets & 15 reps — Standing machine shrug
- 5 sets & 10-15 reps — Dumbbell front raise
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Seated alternating dumbbell curl
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Cable triceps pushdown
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Incline EZ-bar skullcrusher
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — Single arm machine preacher curl
- 4 sets & 10-12 reps — EZ-bar forearm curl
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Bent over barbell row
- 5 sets & 10-15 reps — Incline machine row
- 5 sets & 10-15 reps — Close grip cable pulldown
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — T-bar row
- 5 sets & 10-15 reps — Wide grip machine pulldown
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Close grip seated cable row
If you want to save pdf of these then simply press “Ctrl + P” on your Pc or Laptop.
We can evaluate that after taking a look in Shawn Rhoden diet and Shawn Rhoden workout that If we want to be like him then we need to work hard for it and his daily routine inspire us and motivate us about bodybuilding. He shows that nothing is impossible.
Also Read : Mike Thurston Diet and Workout Plan