The protein is the major macro that you see in Matt Ogus diet. He prefers to take diet which is full of protein food. He always eats his favorite foods that proved that you don’t need to eat plain and tedious foods to build muscles. He always likes to count macros of diet. In this post, You can read about Matt Ogus workout routine and diet.
Matt Ogus Bio
Matt Ogus is a bodybuilder, fitness coach, and social media figure. He is also known as “Flex For All,”. He started uploading videos about how to workout on youtube. Matt uploaded his first video in December 2010. He also delivers diet instruction.
Since 2011, He continuously uploading videos about workout, diet and nutrition to his viewers and they also support his advice. Today he is a leading bodybuilder by profession. He is an inspiration to us.
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Professional Bodybuilder and Fitness Coach
- Year-Of-Birth: 1991
He is very active in fitness since high school, He used to lifting weights in high school and wants to become a bodybuilder, and Today he achieved it. He also active in sports and played football for her college team. He always wanted to go forward in fitness.
As years passed away he got bigger muscles by his constant hard work. By doing this his fan attrack more to him. He always takes part in competitions and also sponsored by many fitness brands.
Matt Ogus Body Measurements or Stats
- Height — 5’7″ (170cm)
- Weight — 175 – 185lbs (79.4 – 83.9kg)
- Chest — Will get soon
- Waist — Will get soon
- Biceps — Will get soon
If we want to have a good physique body then we need to concentrate on our diet and workout. He follows his diet plan and workout very strictly. We have to avoid processed foods from our diet and only focus on fresh and clean foods.
If you want to have a healthy body then you have to control the food that you eat. That means you have to eat healthy food that gives your body healthy macronutrients like protein, carbs, and fats. You need to maintain the balance between them.
Matt Ogus Diet
If we think about diet, all our body health depends on what type of diet we prefer to our body like you need to take care of calories in the diet and many factors like, What should you need to eat? You must need to know that eating and sleeping is the most important factor in muscle building.
Matt Ogus Diet for Cutting
Matt is very excellent when it comes to making a diet because he knew his full body control. He always counts macros and he also made detailed videos about every meal. The diet is around consist of 50 grams of fat, 250 grams of carbs, and 225 grams of protein per day.
- Meal 1: Breakfast shake with 1 1/2 scoops of whey protein, 30 grams of oats, one serving of frozen berries, 1/2 a banana, apple cider vinegar and 100 grams of kale.
- Meal 2: 2 scoops of whey protein and 4 rice cakes (all different flavors).
- Meal 3: Chipotle burrito bowl, in addition to a large salad. The salad consists of 120 grams of spinach, 80 grams of baby spring mix, 125 grams of baby cut carrots, 5 ounces of mushrooms, 100 grams of tomatoes, and 20 ml of balsamic vinegar.
- Meal 4: For the last meal of the day, Matt eats 6 ounces of vanilla Greek yogurt, 6 ounces of honey Greek yogurt, 400 grams of Fage Greek yogurt, and some almonds mixed in.
I think you are thinking about 250 grams of carbs. But every human has a different body response. Matt is able to burn more calories because he was a skinny kid growing up. And he also performs the intensive workout.
Matt Ogus Diet for Bulking
- Meal 1: Morning Shake with 2 full bananas, 50 grams of whey protein and water, a bowl of oats with a packet of oatmeal (for flavor) a handful of almonds and 2 cans of tuna on the side.
- Meal 2: Matt cooks his carbs for the day each morning, where he made brown rice. He will eat this with chicken or broccoli.
- Meal 3: His favorite is Chipotle, chicken burrito bowl with additional chicken added.
- Meal 4: Chicken or beef, with brown rice and broccoli (or another vegetable)
- Meal 5: Protein shake. It won’t be as complex as the morning shake. Usually just 2 scoops of whey protein mixed with water.
The guy eating extreme meals as you can see. These types of routine separate him than others. He recognizes that how his body will respond ann when off-season or competition. That why he is able to make a huge muscle mass.
Matt Ogus Workout Routine
Before starting the workout routine or training routine, make sure you stay hydrated during workouts by drinking water or energy drinks. And don’t forget to warm-up exercising and make sure to cool down by stretching your muscles out, because It helps you to do injury-free workout or exercise.
Also Read: Lily-Rose Depp Diet and Workout
These exercises used by Matt in order to train his major body parts like muscles are chest, shoulders and arms. It means these are show off muscle and he need to train hard it.
- 3-4 sets & 8-10 reps: Incline press
- 2-3 sets & 8-10 reps: Flat dumbbell press
- 2-3 sets & 12-15 reps: Machine dips
- 2-3 sets & 10-15 reps: Upright rows
- 2-3 sets & 10-15 reps: Machine chest flyes
- 2-3 sets & 8-12 reps: Supinating dumbbell curl
- 2-3 sets & 10-15 reps: Triceps pushdown
- 2-3 sets & 12-15 reps: Cable side lateral raises
- 2-3 sets & 10-15 reps: Cable curls
- 2-3 sets & 10-20 reps: Overhead cable triceps extensions
These types of workout are important when you want to fresh your body. The main benefit is that you don’t need to stuck in same boring workout.
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps: Overhand Pull down
- 5 sets & 10-12 reps: Bent over row
- 5 sets & 10-12 reps: Dumbbell row
- 5 sets & 8-12 reps: Barbell curl
- 5 sets & 8-12 reps: Pin wheel curl
- 5 sets & 8-15 reps: Face pulls
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps: Under grip lat pull down
- 5 sets & 10-12 reps: T-bar row
- 5 sets & 10-12 reps: Machine Row
- 5 sets & 8-12 reps: DB curl
- 5 sets & 8-12 reps: Reverse EZ bar curl
- 5 sets & 8-15 reps: Face pulls
Here is the leg workout that Matt do when it leg days. As you can see that the leg workouts are very intensive and hard but if you train hard then you achieve hard. He lifts very heavy weight when leg days. He puts his all energy in this workout.
- 5 sets & 10-12 reps: Barbell squat
- 3-5 sets & 10-12 reps: Romanian deadlift
- 4 sets : Walking dumbbell lunges
- 5 sets & 10-12 reps: Lying leg curls (hamstrings)
- 5 sets & 10-12 reps: Front barbell squat
- 5 sets & 10-12 reps: Romanian deadlift
- 4 sets: Walking dumbbell lunges
- 5 sets & 10-12 reps: Lying leg curl (hamstrings)
It’s not easy that you can become like him overnight. But it took him lots of years of struggle to get physiques like him. We can evaluate that after taking a look at Matt Ogus diet and Matt Ogus workout that If we want to be like him then we need to work hard for it and his daily routine inspire us and motivate us to get a healthy body.
Here is our Question & Answer Forum