‘Hugh Micheal Jackman’!! A name that needs no introduction! His fame reached its height when he earned Guinness World Record for “longest career as a live-action Marvel character”.
He also owns a Golden Globe Award, Grammy Award, a Primetime Emmy Award and two Tony Awards himself. Hugh also banged for himself the famous Wolverine Training Program which he took while filming “Wolverine”. With that physique, he proclaimed himself no less than that an athlete in their prime. He followed the Workout Plan designed by trainer David Kingsbury.
A combination of cardio, weight training, carb cycling and intermittent fasting helped Jackman lean down and gain muscle. His Diet Plan varied and there were no restrictions on them. Although the variations in the diet were on the choice of the state of the regime he was in.
It got him the looks of a superhuman mutant!
Who is Hugh Jackman?
Jackman belonged to English Parents who came to Australia where Hugh was born. He was virtuous enough to hold British citizenship too, other than his Australian citizenship as he was destined of being born to UK-born parents.
His gracious and contemporary looks run from the genes of his paternal great grandfather who was Greek. Jackman’s looks are added with further elegance with his hazel eyes, bright complexion and brown hair. He has a height of 6’2” with a bodyweight of 86 kilograms (190 pounds). Jackman has fascinating vital stats with chest size 45”, waist-length of 33”, Hip size 34”, and Biceps 17” and thigh size of 21”.
Getting over with his Bachelor’s degree, Hugh completed “The Journey” at the “Actor’s Centre” in Sydney. He later attended the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts. With a sheer dedication to his skills, he fetched the dynamic role of Wolverine in Bryan Singer’s X-MEN – a superhero-based film.
- Nationality: Australian
- Profession: Actor
- Date-of-Birth: 12 October, 1986
He is not only an actor but a singer, multiinstrumentalist, dancer and producer. This sprawling and long-lived superhero has been working out hard to keep his body in a near-constant state of shredding for a long.
For all, you fitness freaks out there…….. Jackman’s workout regime could be covered up in 90 minutes of daily sessions. He starts his workout with a minimum of ten minutes of cardio warmup and finishes with twenty minutes of cardio that is, run or run and swim.
If you are deciding to have a diet plan…simplicity reigns supreme! This idea was phenomenal with Jackman’s Wolverine diet plan. He ate a lot of the same stuff round the clock breaking them down into four meals per day.
Hugh Jackman Diet
On an average training day, he consumed
- Brown rice
He added extra sparks to his diet with the intake of supplements mainly Animal Pump, Animal Nitro, Carnitine Liquid and Creatine.
Hugh Jackman Workout
At the peak of his workout period, Hugh trained himself over “two hours a day”, seven days a week with cardio and weight training. He followed a training program for his film which was the “Wolverine program”.
His strength training included bench presses, back squats, weighted pull-ups and deadlifts. Hugh’s specific workout plan resulted in muscle gain for him.
You can transform your physique with time and consistency for your body to achieve the desired adaptation. Jackman’s workout routine would surely give you an outstanding impression if followed with dedication and concentration.
You can also read Tyreek Hill Workout Routine & Diet.
Hugh’s workout routine includes 6 exercises for a total of 4.
Monday – (Arms Workout)
- Warmup with DynamicStretch and Foam Roll Exercise
- Barbell Bench Press with 5 reps (4 Sets)
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press and Behind the Neck Press with 10 reps (4 Sets)
- Cuban Press with 10 reps (3 Sets)
- Triceps Dips and Triceps Pushdown with 10-12 reps (3Sets)
- Shoulder Circuit Training including 8 reps of Lateral Raise, Front Raise, Rear Flys and Overhead Press (4 Sets).
Tuesday – (Legs Workout)
- Warm-up with Dynamic Stretch and Foam Roll Exercise(4 Sets)
- Barbell Back Squats with 5 reps (4 Sets)
- Front Squat and Single Leg Raises with 10 reps (4 Sets)
- Calf Raise and Hanging Leg Raises with 12 reps (4 Sets)
- Ab Wheel Roll-Outs with 10 reps (4 Sets)
- Static Stretching and Foam Roll Exercise
Wednesday – (Biceps & Back Workout)
- Warm-up with Dynamic Stretch and Foam Roll Exercise
- Weighted Pull-ups with 5 reps (4 Sets)
- Dumbbell Single-Arm Row with 12 reps (4 Sets)
- Bodyweight Row and Inclined Dumbbell Curls with 10 reps (4 Sets)
- Biceps Circuits Training with 8 reps of Zottman, Crossbody and Pronated Curls (4 Sets)
- Static Stretching and Foam Roll
Thursday – (Triceps & Chest Workout)
- Warm-up with Dynamic Stretch and Foam Rolls exercise.
- Incline Dumbbell with reps (6+6) and Incline drop Bench Presses with reps (6+6+6) (4 Sets)
- High to Low Cable Flys and Narrow-Grip Bench Press with 10 reps (4 Sets)
- Triceps Circuit Training with 8 reps of Triceps, Push Downs, Triceps Dips and Narrow Push-Ups (4 Sets)
Friday (Back & Legs Workout)
- Dynamic Stretch and Foam Rolls
- Deadlift with 5 reps and Romanian Deadlift 10 reps (4 Sets)
- Zercher Squat with 12 reps (4 Sets)
- Weighted Incline Sit Up 10 reps (4 Sets)
- Barbell Landmine 20 reps (4 Sets)
You can fix Saturday and Sunday as the days to rest and give your body time to recover after all the hard work.
While focussing on Jackman’s workout do not miss out on his diet plan which is mainly carbohydrate cycling. You should consume carb-rich food on weight lifting training days and a low carb diet on rest days.
At 50 years of age, Hugh Jackman is a real inspiration for fitness lovers for his best shape ever. He has matured like wine with his physique, strength, fitness and athleticism taken to the next level.