The Greg Plitt diet was about to eat low carb and high protein. He was a man that eats only natural foods. He doesn’t like processed food in whole life, He always kept his distance from it. Greg believed that processed food never gives you vitamins and nutrients. If you want to make massive muscles then never eat processed food. In this post, you can read in-depth about Greg Plitt diet and workout.
Who is Greg Plitt?
Greg Plitt was an actor, fitness model and former Army Ranger. He was born in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. He has been famous for sculpted physiques in industries. He was also starred in a television show named “Work Out” on the Bravo network. Since his childhood, He loves to have a fit body and massive physiques. When he was in 6th grade, His father brought him a home gym. He graduated from the US Military Academy in 2000. He was also selected as Airborne and Ranger.
- Nationality : American
- Profession : Actor and Fitness Model
- Date-Of-Birth : 3 November 1977
- Died on : 17 January 2015
Plitt was told about his diet and workout routine via many interviews, Instagram chats, and other social media platforms like Youtube. He was a brand ambassador of many brands. He was also done modeling for numerous magazine covers. The brand he promoted is Maxim, AXL, American Health & Fitness, Flaunt, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Health, FitnessRx for Men, Instinct Magazine, and Men’s Exercise, among others.
He was a certified personal trainer of his era, Plitt was worked sincerely with his client with their full satisfaction. He acted in several movies and serials. The reason for his death was that he struck by a train while filming a commercial. Unfortunately, He is no more…..
Greg Plitt Stats
Greg Plitt Weight is 195 lbs or 88 kg. His Height in Feet is 6 ft 1 inch.
- Height — 6’1″ (1.85 m)
- Weight — 195 lbs or 88 kg
If we want to have a good physique body then we need to concentrate on our diet and workout. He followed his diet plan and workout very strictly. Many men covet his muscular body because he had 8 packs of muscular massive body. He had achieved his massive muscular body with constant hard work and workout principle and proper nutrition intake. If we see about his accomplishments then In 2012, He won MET-Rx Athlete of the year. He also developed the MFT28 workout program.
Greg Plitt Diet
If we think about diet, all our body health depends on what type of diet we prefer to our body, like you need to take care of calories in the diet and many factors like, What should we eat? You must need to know that eating and sleeping is the most important factor in muscle building.
There were low carbohydrates, low fats, and high protein. He tried 1.5 gm protein according to weight within a single day. He ate a lot of protein in a single day. Here is a sample of Greg Plitt diet.
- Meal 1 (Big Lunch) : Meat, fish, or poultry, and vegetables
- Meal 2 (Pre-workout) : Met-Rx Amped ECN NOS powder, L-glutamine, creatine, HMB, omega 3, multivitamin, whey protein, and 1 tsp raw honey
- Meal 3 (Post-workout) : Whey protein , dextrose , creatine, L-glutamine, and HMB
Food to eat
- Protein Shakes
- Red Meat
- Raw Honey
Food to avoid
- Junk food
- Processed food
- Refined sugar
- Fried food
- fast food
He had a great approach to nutrition and much knowledge to balance his meal plan. He never overeat any group of food but changes its alternatively. He also used supplements like whey protein, multivitamins, and many more that described in his meal plan. He took a different diet plan than others. He has 1 big meal of the day between 2 pm and 6 pm, Where he eats a lot and a bunch of calories to fuel his body throughout the day. He always stays hydrated by drinking water.
He liked to eat a lot of protein like chicken and seafood and also ate a lot of vegetables that’s a natural source. On another side he added Spinach, asparagus, and broccoli to his meal plan. As he ate lots of calories of the day but always burned them when he does his workout.
Greg Plitt Workout
Before starting the workout routine or training routine, make sure you stay hydrated during workouts by drinking water or energy drinks. And don’t forget to warm-up exercising and make sure to cool down by stretching your muscles out, because It’s helped you to do injury-free workout or exercise.
To get the dreamed body like Plitt had, He constantly worked out in the gym and always tried new workouts to get a muscular body. He always believed that if you want to have a strong physique then you have to lift heavyweight.
The workout he did in his all life is very difficult that will consume your all calories. He always had himself for hours in the gym to get the dreamed result. He split his workout plan into several days. He trained each day different parts of his body. Like one day chest then back.
- 4 sets & 8-10 reps — Flat Dumbbell Press
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Incline Dumbbell Press
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Flat Dumbbell Fly
- 4 sets & 8-12 reps — Incline Dumbbell Fly
- 3 sets & 10-20 reps — Dips
- 3 sets & 10-20 reps — Pushup
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Wide grip pull ups
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Close-Grip Pull Down
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Rowing with Cable
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Military Press
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Dumbbell Side
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Back to Mancuera
Biceps & Triceps Workout
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Barbell Biceps
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Dumbbell Biceps on incline bench
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Dumbbell Preacher
- 3 sets & 8-10 reps — Lying Triceps Extensions
- 3 sets & 8-10 reps — Cable Triceps Pull-down
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Squats
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Dead lift with firm legs
- 3 sets & 6-8 reps — Hamstring in Machine
- 4 sets & 6-8 reps — Leg Extensions
- 3 sets & 20 reps — Roman Chair Knee Lifts
- 3 sets & 20 reps — Incline Sit Ups
- 3 sets & 20 reps — Side Twists
- 3 sets & 20 reps — Incline Leg Lifts
- 45 minutes of high impact cardio
Greg Plitt was famous for his 8-pack abs, He also had a religious adhesion to a careful diet. He ate only one big meal per day, which fueled himself whole day. But he said that eating 6 times a day consume a lot of energy. We can evaluate that after take a look in Greg Plitt diet and Greg Plitt workout that If we want to be like him then we need to work hard for it and his daily routine inspire us and motivate us about bodybuilding.
Also Read : Zyzz Diet and Workout Routine
Here is our Question & Answer Forum