Who is Dorian Yates?
Dorian Andrew Mientjez Yates is a bodybuilding legend and Mr. Olmpia. His Birthplace is Walmley, The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom. He has record on winning Mr. Olympia continuously 6 times from 1992 to 1997. After retirement, he opens his own supplements company. He is also known by his nickname “The Shadow”. Dorian also opens many gyms for others who want to achieve their dreams. Let’s see Dorian Yates Diet and his Workout Routine.
- Nationality : British
- Profession : Former Professional Bodybuilder
- Date-Of-Birth : 19 April 1962
- Wife : Gal Ferreira Yates
- Net Worth : $1 Million – $5 Million (Approx.)
Dorian tells about his Meal plan and workout routine via many interviews, Instagram chats, and other social media platforms. Dorian Yates follows a typical workout training program called HIT (High-Intensity Training). Dorian eats a Bunch of calories each day to maintain his massive body. Let’s see Dorian Yates Body Stats and Achievements.
Dorian Yates Accomplishments
- 1984 Mr. Birmingham novice, 1st
- 1985 Novice West Coast (England), 1st
- 1985 IFBB World Games (London), 7th
- 1986 EFBB British Championships ( London), 1st
- 1988 EFBB British Championships, 1st (Pro Card)
- 1990 IFBB Night Of The Champions, New York, 2nd place
- 1991 IFBB Night Of The Champions, New York, 1st place
- 1991 IFBB Mr. Olympia, Orlando, Florida, 2nd place
- 1991 IFBB English Grand Prix, Nottingham, 1st place
- 1992 IFBB Mr. Olympia, Helsinki, Finland, 1st place
- 1992 IFBB English Grand Prix, Nottingham, 1st place
- 1993 IFBB Mr. Olympia, Atlanta, Georgia, 1st place
- 1994 IFBB Mr. Olympia, Atlanta, Georgia, 1st place
- 1994 IFBB Spanish Grand Prix, Madrid, 1st place
- 1994 IFBB German Grand Prix, Duisburg, 1st place
- 1994 IFBB English Grand Prix, Nottingham, 1st place
- 1995 IFBB Mr. Olympia, Atlanta, Georgia, 1st place
- 1996 IFBB Mr. Olympia, Chicago, Illinois, 1st place
- 1996 IFBB Spanish Grand Prix, Madrid, 1st place
- 1996 IFBB German Grand Prix, Darmstadt, 1st place
- 1996 IFBB English Grand Prix, Nottingham, 1st place
- 1997 IFBB Mr. Olympia, Long Beach, California, 1st place
Dorian Yates Body Stats
Dorian Yates Weight is 265-282 lbs in Competition & 290-309 lbs in Off-Season. his Height is 78 m (5’ 10”).
- Height – 78 m (5’ 10”)
- Competition Weight –265-282 lbs
- Off-Season Weight – 290-309 lbs
- Chest – 57 inches
- Waist – 34 inches
- Biceps – 22 inches
- Thighs – 30 inches
- Calves – 22 inches
If we want to have a good physique body then we need to concentrate on our diet and workout plan. He follows his diet plan and workout plan very strictly. He started gym and gaining muscle and weight since he interested in the bodybuilding field.
Doriyan Yates Diet
If we talk about diet, all our body health depends on what type of diet we prefer to our body, like you need to take care of calories in the diet and many factors like what should we eat? You must need to know that eating and sleeping is the most important factor in building muscle. Let’s have a look at Doriyan Yates diet.
When it comes to creating a diet plan Doriyan has an extraordinary perfect balance in protein and carbs and many factors to maintain equally. He believes that his diet passed with many improvements during his competition days.
- A cup of Oatmeal
- 10 egg whites
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- A pre-workout protein shake before hitting the gym
- Two chicken breasts
- Green vegetables
- Rice / Potato
- Protein shake
- 12 oz filet of mignon
- Green vegetables
- Potato / Rice
- A small serving of porridge cooked with a half cup of oatmeal
- Six egg whites
Dorian eating at 2-3 hour intervals. He makes his meals and adds food sources like lean proteins, complex carbs, and green vegetables.
The above meal plan tells us that Dorian eats within a single day to maintain his massive muscles and Maintain his weight. Dorian takes some Steroids and Supplements. as you See Dorian eats almost 6 meals each day. We all understand that exercise is important in bodybuilding but nutrition & diet also plays a vital role that how your body look.
Dorian Yates Workout Plan
Before start the workout routine or exercise routine, make sure you stay hydrated during workouts by drinking water or energy drinks. and Important is to don’t forget to warm-up exercising and make sure to cool down by stretching your muscles out because It helps you to do injury-free workout or exercise. Let’s have a look in Doriyan Yates workout.
Abs, Shoulders and Triceps Workout
- 1 set & 15 reps — Triceps pushdown for warming up
- 1 set & 12 reps — Triceps pushdown
- 1 set & 8-10 reps — Triceps pushdown
- 2 set & 8-20 reps — Lying EZ- Curl extensions
- 3 sets & 15-30 reps — Smith machine presses
- 2 sets & 8-20 reps — Seated laterals
- 2 sets & 10-30 reps — One arm cable lateral
- 2 sets & 10-20 reps — Dumbbell shrugs
- 3 set & 15-30 reps — Hammer strength pull-downs
- 2 sets & 8-20 reps — Barbell rows
- 1 set & 10 reps — Hammer strength one-arm row
- 1 set & 10 reps — Cable rows with overhand grip
- 1 set & 10 reps — Hammer strength rear-delt machine
- 1 set & 10 reps — Bent over dumbbell raises
- 1 set & 10-12 reps — Hyperextensions
- 2 sets & 8-12 reps — Deadlifts’
Chest, Biceps and Abs Workout
- 2 sets & 8-10 reps — incline dumbbell curls
- 2 sets & 6-10 reps — EZ barbell curls
- 2 sets & 6-10 reps — nautilus curls
- 3 sets & 8-12 reps — incline barbell press
- 2 sets & 6-10 reps — hammer strength seated bench presses
- 2 sets & 8-10 reps — incline dumbbell flyes
- 1 set & 10-12 reps — cable crossovers
Quads and Calves Workout
- 3 sets & 10-15 reps — Leg extensions
- 3 sets & 10-12 reps — leg presses
- 2 sets & 10-12 reps — heck squats
- 2 sets & 10-12 reps — lying leg curls
- 1 set & 8-10 reps — stiff legged deadlifts
- 1 set & 8-10 reps — single leg curls
- 2 sets & 10-12 reps — standing calf raises
- 1 set & 8-10 reps — seated calf raises
As we see you need to work hard to achieve bodybuilding like him. Doriyan Yates diet and his workout plan and daily routine inspire and motivate us. If you want to follow him on social media then below is the link to his instagram profile.
Social Media Profile
Dorian Yates Instagram
- What Shawn Ray eats within single day?
- is dorian yates vegan?
- doriya yates Diet Plan PDF.
- what does dorian yates look like now?
- how long did dorian yates workout?
- how did dorian yates train?
- who is dorian yates wife?
Also Read : Flex Wheeler Diet and Workout Plan